Pages

Monday, October 8, 2012

Mom's Chicken Pot Pie

Adapted From: My Mother

This recipe is anything but paleo, but I must say I LOVE IT. In 2010, I ran the Atlanta ING Marathon in PR setting time after eating this for my pre-race meal. I skipped it a few times and then ate it again before an amazing 2012 Wisconsin Marathon and so began my pre-race ritual of chicken pot pie before big races! After eating this on Saturday, I am happy to report another marathon PR, this meal may be magic!


The Fixin's
1 1/2 lb Chicken
1 10.5 oz Can Cream of Chicken Soup
1 Cup Chicken Broth
1 Can English Peas
1 Eggs
1 Cup Milk
1 Cup Flour
1 Cup Butter

Let's Cook Dinner
Preheat Oven to 350F
Cook chicken by boiling, in a skillet, or baking
Shred chicken
In a mixing bowl combine chicken broth and cream of chicken soup and stir until well combined
Drain peas and add to mixing bowl
Hard boil 2 eggs, peel, and chop
Stir in eggs
Stir in chicken
**if the mixture looks dry, add a little more chicken broth
Pour mixture into large baking dish
In a different mixing bowl, combine melted butter, milk, and flour and stir until well combined
Spoon mixture ontop of the chicken in the baking dish
Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until the crust in golden brown

No comments:

Post a Comment