Pages

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Honey Spice Chicken

Adapted From: Well Fed Newlywed's
http://thewellfednewlyweds.blogspot.com/2011/09/spicy-honey-chicken.html

This was yummy! I think I start all of my blog posts out with that phrase but hey if it wasn't yummy I wouldn't be posting it! The chicken was not as spicy as I thought it might be. I think next time I cook it I will cut the honey but if you are not a spice person it will be perfect. These chicken meals are my favorite. I can even explain how easy it is to make 5 or 6 all in one day, freeze, and then cook right after work or school. Easy is the key word here! One thing with the chicken is that you want to make sure you are cooking it until the sauce is soaked up and the chicken starts to get a bit sticky. This was you get all the flavor!


The Fixin's
1 lb Chicken
2 Teaspoons Chili Powder
2 Teaspoons Garlic Powder
1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Pepper
1 Teaspoon Cumin
1 Teaspoon Cajun Seasoning
1/2 Cup Honey
2 Tablespoons White Vingar
 
Let's Cook Dinner
In a bowl mix honey, vingar, cajun seasoning, cumin, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, and pepper until well blended
Cut chicken into bite sized pieces
Pour sauce over chicken

Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet
Cook chicken until no longer pink

****To freeze, place chicken in gallon sized freezer bag
Pour sauce in bag and seal
Label with date and contents
When ready to cook, thaw and cook according to above

No comments:

Post a Comment