Pages

Friday, May 18, 2012

Parmesan Chicken Bites

Adapted From: Mrs. January Frugal Living Made Easy
http://www.mrsjanuary.com/easy-recipes/easy-recipes-parmesan-chicken-bites/

When my husband was little his favorite food was his great grandmother’s chicken nuggets. He has described these as magical although he later found out they were frozen chicken fingers from the store! I am not a frozen chicken nugget kind of person and all the talk about pink slime didn’t really help. Once I discovered that pretty much anything baked and covered in breadcrumbs tasted awesome, I was super excited to try this recipe. I didn’t make any changes from the original but I did use fresh parmesan cheese and Italian style breadcrumbs. People swear by Panko bread crumbs but I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Aldi brand breadcrumbs. If you don’t shop at Aldi, you are really missing out! I served these with ketchup and ranch on the side with rice and a salad. They are super easy to make but I was surprised how long it took me to bread all the chicken pieces.



The “Fixin’s”
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup breadcrumbs
1/4 cup butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup parmesan cheese

Let’s Cook Dinner
Preheat oven to 350F
Cut chicken into bite sized chucks



Melt butter in small bowl
In separate bowl, mix salt, pepper, cheese, and breadcrumbs.



Dip chicken into butter and then into the breadcrumb mixture
Place covered chicken on a greased baking sheet
Bake for 15 minutes on each side or until chicken is cooked


No comments:

Post a Comment