Pages

Sunday, May 13, 2012

No Bake Energy Bites

Adapted From: Give Me Some Oven 
 http://gimmesomeoven.com/no-bake-energy-bites

I am always looking for something quick to eat before a workout and these little puppies do the trick. Not only are they super easy to make, they are so much cheaper than buying Powerbar bites for pre/post run snacks. I have even taken them with me running in my race belt and they did great. You need to keep them in the fridge after you make them, but they should do fine in a lunch box. If they can make it through an 18 mile run, they can make it to lunch! The original recipe called for coconut flakes and flax seed. The Mr. doesn’t do coconut and for the life of me I cannot find flax seed at a reasonable price…so we just added an additional cup of oats. No harm done! I think there are a lot of ways you could tweak this recipe. I am looking forward to trying raisins and maybe nuts.


The “Fixins”
2 cup dry oatmeal
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup honey
1 tsp. vanilla

Let’s Cook
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl until the oats thoroughly coated. This is messy and you will need to use your hands.


 Let chill in the refrigerator for half an hour.
After 30 minutes, pack the ingredients into small balls, it should make about 20.

Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.



No comments:

Post a Comment