Pages

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Hawaiian Chicken

Adapted From: Chef in Training
http://www.chef-in-training.com/2012/04/crock-pot-hawaiian-chicken-freezer-meal-2

Chef in Training is one of my favorite food blogs. She has so many easy recipe ideas and TONS of dessert ideas that I have to literally force myself not to try. One reason I love her blog is that she posts a good amount of Crockpot meals. This recipe can actually be cooked in the Crockpot but I didn’t get around to starting dinner early enough to try it. I opted to bake it in the oven and it was wonderful. The pineapple definitely makes this VERY sweet, but in a good way. I added the pineapple chucks per directions with about 20 minutes left in the baking process, I think it made the sauce a bit watery even though I drained it. I don't think it damaged the sauce but next time I will wait a bit longer.



The “Fixin’s”
4 to 6 boneless chicken breasts
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 tsp. worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. yellow mustard
1/2 cup crushed pineapple with juice
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 can pineapple chunks, drained





Let’s Cook Dinner
Preheat oven to 350
Mix together ketchup, yellow mustard, brown sugar, worcestershire sauce, and crushed pineapple in small bowl
Place chicken in greased baking dish and cover with sauce




Bake at 350 for 45 minutes
**Crockpot: Cook on low for 4-6 hours**
Add drained pineapple chunks with 10 minutes left to bake
Remove chicken from pan and cut into small chucks
Stir into sauce, coating chicken and pineapple
Serve over white rice


No comments:

Post a Comment