Pages

Monday, May 21, 2012

Fish Tacos

Adapted From: My Mother-in-Law

My mother-in-law is a wonderful cook and has set the bar really high when it comes to cooking for the Mr. She has also been an amazing resource in helping me learn to cook. When she came to visit us in the fall, she made these fish tacos and we have made them at least every two weeks ever since. They are super easy and fish is a nice change from all the chicken that we eat. We use frozen tilapia but I am sure that you could use any small, white fish. The first time we had the meal we purchased a spicy ranch dressing but because salad dressing is expensive, I like to make my own. I follow the directions on the dry ranch dressing packet and then add a few tablespoons of hot sauce to give it a kick.



The Fixin's
1 Bag Frozen Tilapia
Cajun Seasoning
1 Package Small Tortillas
1 Bag Cole Slaw
2-4 tbsp Hot Sauce
1 Packet Dry Ranch Dressing Seasoning
1 Cup Sour Cream



Let's Cook Dinner
Thaw tilapia according to directions
Season both sides of fish with cajun seaosning until well covered



Cook fish in frying pan with oil for 3- 5 minutes on each side or until fish is flaky and cooked through
Prepare ranch dressing, adding 2-4 tbsp of hot sauce
Heat tortillas under wet paper towl for 20-30 seconds
Wrap a piece of fish, spoon full of cole slaw, and dressing in tortilla.

No comments:

Post a Comment