Pages

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Tuna Cakes

Tuna Cakes Adapted From: Dishes and Dishes
http://dishesanddishes.wordpress.com/2012/03/21/paleo-tuna-cakes/

Remember the Paleo diet that I told you about a few posts ago? The Mr. has been looking around for some neat and easy Paleo recipes to try and this one sounded great. Now the tuna cakes we made are not actually Paleo because we used regular flour, after two trips to two different stores I could not find almond flour! No harm done really, I operate on the theroy that if I make it at home it's 150% better for me then if I went to a fast food place! These are a nice change in the meal line up and were super yummy!

 
The Fixin's
4 Cans Tuna
4 Eggs
8 Tablespoons Flour (To follow Paleo, use 4 Tablespoons almond flour, 4 Tablespoons Coconut Flour)
2 Table spoons Lemon Juice
2 Teaspoons mustard
2 Teaspoons Garlic Powder
2 Teaspoons Onion Powder
1/4 Teaspoon Cayenne

Let's Cook Dinner
Beat eggs
Drain tuna
Mix all the "fixin's" together into a mixing bowl
Form 8 patties and place on a plate
Heat oil in a large skillet
Cook patties for about 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown
Serve with ranch

No comments:

Post a Comment