Pages

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Avocado Egg

Adapted From: Life Hacker
http://lifehacker.com/5881942/bake-an-egg-in-an-avocado-for-a-fast-and-healthy-breakfast-treat

This is my new favorite food! We made it as a side dish yesterday because the avocado's were starting to go soft and since the Mr. had to work late tonight, I made them again for myself. I really can't think of a more filling and healthy snack, breakfast, or side dish. Yes, yes, eggs and avocado are both a little high in fat...BUT it's the healthy kind of fat and as long as you are not eating like 10 a week, I think you will be in the clear! I know it looks strange but seriously..go make this now!


The Fixin's
1 Large Avacado
2 Eggs
Salt
Pepper
Garlic Powder
Onion Powder

Let's Cook Dinner
Preheat oven to 425F
Cut avacado in half
Remove pit and scope out a small amout of avacado it pit is very small
Season with garlic and onion powder
Crack egg into avacado
Season with salt and pepper
Bake on a cooking sheet for 20 minutes or until egg is set

No comments:

Post a Comment