Pages

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Turkey Taco Burgers

Adapted From: http://peaceloveandlowcarb.blogspot.com/2012/07/turkey-taco-burgers.html

Ok I will be totally honest and agree with you that these look and sound pretty weird BUT just trust me on this one. I was so nervous, I started eating mine before I decided I wanted to take a pictures and share it with you guys! Lucky for me, they are great! As you can see, I had a hard time getting the veggies to stay on top of my burger, so I ended up serving it on a bed of greens and veggies!


The Fixin's
1 lb Ground Turkey or Chicken
2 Eggs
1/2 Cup Shredded Cheese
2 Tablespoons Chili Powder
1 Tablespoon Cumin
1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
1 Tablespoon Onion Powder
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Crush Red Pepper
2 Tomatoes
1 Bell Pepper
2 Cups Fresh Spinach

Let's Cook Dinner
Preheat oven to 350F
Whisk eggs in a large mixing bowl
Add 2 tablespoons of cheese, turkey, and all spices
Mix with your hands until well blended
Four 4 burger patties
Place on a baking sheet lined with greased tin foil
Bake for 15 minutes
Flip
Bake for 15 minutes
Top with slices tomato, bell pepper, and spinach
Top with cheese
Bake for an additional 5 minutes


No comments:

Post a Comment