Pages

Monday, March 25, 2013

Avocado Chicken Salad

Adapted From: Your World: healthy and Natural
http://yourworldnatural.blogspot.com/2013/01/whole30-challenge-day-26-and-chicken.html

This was so so so good! I am not a huge chicken salad but after hearing how awesome this recipe was I knew I needed to try it. This would be perfect to make for lunch and eat all week. It's full of protein and so much better for you than normal chicken salad. I ate mine with carrots and also plain. I am also considering adding some chopped tomatoes next time. Before you start this recipe you need to shred the chicken, I like to boil mine with water and seasonings. Check out this site for some great photos and instructions.


The Fixin's
3 Chicken Breasts
3 Avocado's
6 Tablespoons Lime Juice
1/4 Cup Greek Yogurt
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1 Tablespoon Onion Powder
1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
1 Teaspoon Parsley
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Pepper

Let's Cook Dinner
Cook and shred chicken
Peal and slice avocado's
Place avocado's, lime juice, yogurt, olive oil, and spices in a blender or food processor
Blend until well mixed
Combine with chicken in a large mixing bowl
Chill and serve with veggies

1 comment:

  1. Looks fantastic! I love avocados and this looks like a nice twist on traditional chicken salad.

    ReplyDelete