Pages

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Squash Casserole

Adapted from: Gourmet Girl
http://gourmetgirlcooks.blogspot.com/2012/08/yellow-cheddar-squash-casserole.html

My favorite holiday dish is my mom's squash casserole. I found this recipe when I was giving it my all trying to find a recipe for Thanksgiving. I was nervous but it turned out great! If you want a paleo alternative, this is it!
 
The Fixin's
6 Yellow Squash
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Pepper
1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
1 Cup Almond Flour
2 Cups Cheese
1/4 Cup Milk
4 Eggs
4 Tablespoons Butter

Let's Cook Dinner
Preheat oven to 375F
Slice squash
Steam in a steamer until very tender
Remove from steamer and smash
In a mixing bowl combine eggs, milk, and seasonings
Add 1.5 cups of cheese and 1/2 cup almond flour to the mixing bowl
Add squash
Stir until well combine
Pour into a greased casserole dish
Top with 1/2 cup almond flour and 1/2 cup cheese
Melt 4 tablespoons of butter and pour on top
Bake for 35 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment