Pages

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Korean Beef

Adapted From: Lizzy Writes
http://elizabethbryant.blogspot.com/2010/05/korean-beef.html

GO MAKE THIS NOW!!! For the life of me I could not get a good picture of the meal but OMG it was amazing. Since my Mother-In-Law was so nice to bring us a whole bunch of ground beef, I have been searching the internet high and low for creative ways to cook it. As I said before, I don't cook with ground beef often and when I do I almost always make tacos. I will be honest I was nervous to make this meal. I have never heard of Korean Beef and did not know what to expect, but I decided to put my faith in all the pinners on Pinterest and try it. The sauce is sweet but not too sweet because the ginger and the red pepper flakes balance it out nicely. The recipe called for 1 teaspoon of red pepper but I only used 1/2 a teaspoon because I am a big baby about hot things. The only change I am going to make in the future is to make additional sauce in a seperate skillet to pour of the rice. We are sauce people and I think some additional sauce would make this even more amazing. I can't wait till tomorrow to eat it for lunch!


The Fixin's
1 lb Ground Beef
1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
3 Cloves Minced Garlic
1/2 Teaspoon Ginger
1/2 Teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
1 Bunch Green Onions
White Rice

Let's Cook Dinner
Heat a large skillet over medium heat with oil
Add ground beef and minced garlic
Brown ground beef in skillet and drain most of the excess fat, leaving a small amount
In mixing bowl combine brown sugar, soy sauce, ginger, salt, pepper and red pepper until well mixed*
Pour over beef
Sitr and Simmer for five minutes
Top with chopped green onions
Serve over white rice

* For additional sauce, combine the same amounts of brown sugar, soy sauce, ginger, salt, pepper and red pepper in a seperate skillet and simmer for five minutes. This sauce can be used to pour on the rice and meat mixture afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment