Pages

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Grown Up Sloppy Joes

Adapted From: Mel's Kitchen Cafe
http://www.melskitchencafe.com/2008/05/the-best-sloppy-joes.html

I have never made my own sloppy joe sauce before. Normally I just buy the 99 cent can and go on my way. When I saw this recipe I thought it might be good to give it a try. The combination of the homemade sauce and the French rolls make it feel more like a "grown up" meal. I will admit that it takes more work BUT it is defiantly worth it.


The Fixin's
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 Onion
1-2 lb Ground Beef
2 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
2/3 Cup BBQ Sauce
1/2 Cup Ketchup
1/4 Cup Worcestershire Sauce
1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
8 French Rolls

Let's Cook Dinner
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet
Chop onions finely, add to skillet, and cook for 3 to 4 minutes
Add beef and cook until brown and crumbled
Drain any grease
In a mixing bowl combine tomato paste, BBQ sauce, ketchup, Worcestershire, soy sauce, and pepper until well mixed
Pour into skillet, stir, and bring to boil
Cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently
Brown French rolls in the oven
Serve

No comments:

Post a Comment