Pages

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Honey Chicken

Adapted From: Mmm...Cafe
 http://mmmcafe.blogspot.com/2010/01/honey-sauced-chicken.html

This is one of my favorite meals. It was the first "Chinese" like meals that I tried in the Crockpot and I LOVE it. I would cook it once a week if the Mr. would let me! Because the sauce is thick, you can't leave it cooking all day long but when you cook it on high it only require an hour and a half. I like to cook it on the weekends when I am running around the house. It really does taste as good as it smells!


The Fixin's
1 lb Chicken
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/4 teaspoon Pepper
1/2 Cup Honey
1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
1/8 Cup Chopped Onion
1/8 Cup Ketchup
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1 Clove Minced Garlic
1/4 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
Rice

Let's Cook Dinner
Spray Crockpot with cooking spray
Place chicken in Crockpot and season with salt and pepper
In a mixing bowl combine honey, soy sauce, onion, ketchup, oil, garlic and red pepper flakes
Pour over chicken
Cook on low for 3 hours or high 1.5 hours
Remove chicken and cut into small pieces
Mix back into sauce
Serve over rice

No comments:

Post a Comment