Pages

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Crockpot Pesto Chicken

Adapted from: Picky Palate
http://picky-palate.com/2012/09/20/pesto-ranch-crock-pot-chicken-thighs/

Ever since I found crockpot lemon chicken, I have be keeping my eye out for easy crockpot recipes that can be served over a bed of spinach. Eating paleo and the crockpot don't often mix but I got lucky with one! As we finally get some summer like weather here in the mid-west, I'll be looking for ways to avoid using the oven and I think this meal will make a regular appearance! We topped ours with a little bit of grated parmesan cheese and served it over a bed of spinach. I'm thinking mash potatoes would be great too!


The Fixin's
1-2 lb Chicken Breasts
6 oz Pesto
1/2 Chicken Broth
1 Packet Ranch Dressing Seasoning (or 1/4 cup homemade)

Let's Cook Dinner
Grease crockpot
Add pesto, chicken broth, and ranch seasoning
Stir until well combined
Add chicken to pot and coat in sauce
Cook for high for 4 hours
Shred chicken and stir in sauce
Serve over spinach (or mash potatoes!)

No comments:

Post a Comment