Pages

Saturday, June 16, 2012

"Redneck" Jambalaya

Adapted From: My Dad

My dad did most of the cooking when I was growing up and one of his famous methods was to throw random ingredients together, cook, and serve. We use to laugh at him and call it "Redneck". It was always tasty and truth be told, a great idea! My parents were up for a visit last week and my dad suggested this meal as an easy, "OH MY GOSH I FORGOT TO COOK DINNER" idea. In thirty minutes we had an awesome meal with left overs! We used Italian sausage because that's what I had, but any time of sausage will work.

The Fixin's
1 Box Cajun or "Dirty" Rice
1 Can Kidney Beans
1lb Sausage


Let's Cook Dinner
Cook rice according to box directions
Drain kidney beans and add to rice mixture with 5 minutes left cooking
While rice is cooking, cut sausage into bit sized pieces
Cook sausage until brown and slightly crispy
Drain sausage stir into rice and bean mixture

No comments:

Post a Comment