Pages

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Chicken Cheddar Casserole

From: Moms Who Think
http://www.momswhothink.com/crock-pot-recipes/cheddar-chicken-casserole-in-the-crockpot.html

This meal reminds me of Thanksgiving! It's hardy, savory, and the cheddar cheese really makes the dish! I have been trying to avoide using the oven since the past couple of days have been very HOT and I was came across this meal when looking from Crockpot ideas. I think the last time we made it, we used cream of chicken soup but the recipe calls for cream of mushroom. I had that on hand, so we went with it and I don't think it tasted any different BUT if you hate cream of mushroom feel free to switch it up.
The Fixin's
1 lb Chicken
2 Cups Cheddar Cheese
1 Can Cream of Mushroom Soup
1/4 Cup Milk
2 Cups Stuffing Mix
1/4 Cup Butter

Let's Cook Dinner
Lightly grease Crockpot and spray with cooking spray
Place chicken breasts in pot
Top with cheese
Combine soup and milk in a small mixing bowl and stir until combined.
Spoon mixture over cheese
Pour the stuffing mix on top
Drizzle melted butter over stuffing mix
Cook on low for 6 hours
Shred chicken and stir with stuffing mix

No comments:

Post a Comment