Pages

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Lasagna Cups

Adapted From: Plain Chicken
http://www.plainchicken.com/2012/04/lasagna-biscuit-cups.html

This is another meal from Plain Chicken. You will see me cook her recipes A LOT. It's a great site and you have to check out all her fun ideas for football tailgates and grilling! I love making lasagna but the frozen kind is way to expensive and who really have time to assemble and bake one from scratch?! I have had so much success cooking with crescent rolls, I figured it was only fair that I branch out into other bread doughs. The Mr. and I both loved this meal. I was a little skeptical when I was spooning the mixture into the muffin cups because it did not look like it was going to fit, but it cooked great. We used cottage cheese but you really can't taste it, so don't be shy if you are not a big cottage cheese fan! The only change I made was in the seasonings because of what I had on hand. I also doubled the meat and sauce mixture to ensure we had enough to cover the biscuits once they were cooked.


The Fixin's
1 lb Ground Beef
1 Jar Spaghetti Sauce
3/4 Cup Cottage Cheese
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp Italian Seasoning
1 Egg White
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 can large flaky biscuits

Let's Cook DinnerPreheat oven to 375
Brown meat in pan, drain fat
Stir in spaghetti sauce and leave on low heat
In a bowl mix together cottage cheese,garlic powder, Italian seasoning and egg white.
Separate dough into 12 biscuits
Lightly spray muffin pan with cooking oil
Place each biscuit in a in a muffin cup and press into the sides and bottom.
Spoon one spoon full of meat mixture into each cup
Top meat mixture with one spoon full of cottage cheese mixture
Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese
Repeat layers

Bake 17 to 20 minutes
Serve with leftover meat sauce on top

No comments:

Post a Comment