Pages

Friday, January 25, 2013

Banana Fluff Ice Cream

Adapted from: Two Peas and Their Pod & Recipe By Photo
http://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/two-ingredient-banana-peanut-butter-ice-cream/
http://www.recipebyphoto.com/guilt-free-ice-cream/

Um I almost didn't want to share this recipe because I was having dreams of how I could make millions by packaging this up and selling it in stores. Seriously guys, it's THAT good. I have been feeling sick for the past week and not eating very much food besides the Korean Beef that I made on Monday and some left over Avocado Pudding but when I saw this recipe I had to make it. Like the original author, I am bad at bananas. I always buy them and they always go bad before I can eat them all so in addition to this being amazing, it's a great use for ripe bananas. Also, when making this recipe DO NOT skip any steps. If you don't freeze the banana's it won't work. I put mine in the freezer before I went to school. This picture just doesn't do it justice. Check out the pictures on the links above!

The Fixin's
4 Ripe Banana's
2 Tablespoons Agave or Honey
2 Tablespoons Sunflower Butter (Peanut Butter or Almond Butter will also work)
1 Tablespoon Cocoa Powder

Let's Cook Dinner
Peel the bananas and cut into small bite sized pieces
Put in a plastic freezer bag and freeze for at least 2 hours
Place frozen bananas into a food processor
Blend the bananas until smooth
**you will need to scape the sides and stir the mixture, it takes a while**
Add agave, sunflower butter, and cocoa powder
Blend until smooth
Enjoy (you might want to put it back in the freezer for a while before eating)
Store in the freezer in an airtight container for up to 4 days
***It might get hard if the freezer, if this happens put it in the microwave for 15 seconds

No comments:

Post a Comment