Pages

Monday, November 12, 2012

Pumpkin Paleo Pancakes

Adapted From: Balanced Bites
http://balancedbites.com/2012/10/easy-recipe-pumpkin-pancakes-from-practical-paleo.html

I didn't want to eat eggs this morning before my long run and stared into the fridge to see what I could come up with. Lucky for me, the cat has been having an upset tummy the past few days and we had bought some pumpkin puree to add to his food. Side note, this works wonders. So I used what we had left to make these wonderful pancakes. Yes, I know they don't taste exactly like "real" pancakes, they are a bit softer but they do the trick!

The Fixin's
1/2 Cup Pumpkin Puree
4 Eggs
2 Tablespoons Coconut Flour
2 Tablespoons Butter
2 Tablespoons Honey
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
Pinch of Salt

Let's Cook Dinner
Whisk eggs
Add pumpkin, melted butter, honey, and vanilla extract
Stir until smooth
Add flour, baking soda, and cinnamon
Grease a skillet with butter or olive oil and heat on medium heat
Spoon batter into skillet, desired size, should be small
After about 2 minutes, flip
Serve with honey

No comments:

Post a Comment