Pages

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Chicken Garlic Pasta

Adapted From: The Cheese Pusher
http://thecheesepusher.tumblr.com/post/2719857351/creamy-garlic-pasta

I don't cook a lot of pasta but after this recipe, I might have to start! This is amazing. It was fairly easy to make but tasted like a million bucks! You could easily double the recipe to make for a large crowd but as is, we have plenty of left overs for tomorrow's lunch! I added chicken to the original because the Mr. likes his protein but I'm sure it would be great without or maybe with shrimp?! I had a 2 lb box of spaghetti and I'm a terrible guesser...I think I used too much pasta. To combat this I added an additional cup of broth and 1/4 extra of whipping cream so it wouldn't be too dry. Maybe you can be a better judge than me! We also ate it for lunch the next day and it reheats great! Make sure to add a tiny bit of water and cover the noddles with a wet papertowl.

The Fixin's
1 lb Chicken
2 Teaspoons Olive Oil
4 Cloves Minced Garlic
2 Tablespoons Butter
¼  Teaspoon Salt
½ Teaspoon Pepper
3 Cups Chicken Broth
½ lb Spaghetti
1 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
¾ Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
1 Tablespoon Parsley

Let's Cook Dinner
Cut chicken in bite sized pieces
Melt butter in skillet
Season chicken with salt, pepper
Cook until no longer pink, set aside
In a large pot, heat olive oil over low heat for one minute
Add the garlic and stir for one minute
Add butter and stir until melted
Once butter is melted, stir in salt, pepper and chicken broth
Bring to boil over medium-high heat
Add the pasta and cook for 10 minutes or until pasta is tender
Take off heat and mix in cheese and whipping cream until completely melted
Top with parsley
Stir in chicken
Serve

No comments:

Post a Comment